Ruwac – A tough job requires a tough vacuum.
What is Silica Dust?
Crystalline silica is naturally found in soil, sand, granite and many other minerals used within the concrete industry. Millions of U.S. workers in high risk jobs such as abrasive blasting, foundry work, stone cutting, rock drilling, quarry work and tunneling are exposed to dangerous levels of silica which can lead to serious health hazards in the form of cancer and respiratory issues. OSHA’s changes to current regulations were developed to decrease these risks and minimize exposure to harmful concrete dusts.
Trust in the Best:
With over 30 years of experience, Ruwac knows how important worker safety and cleaning up the job site are, especially for those working with fine, irritating concrete dust and hazardous silica dust. All Ruwac Portable Industrial Vacuum Cleaners recommended for concrete and silica dust removal have been in compliance with OSHA’s silica dust standards from the very start. These Portable Industrial Vacuums are ideal for concrete grinders, scarifiers, crack saws and blast machines, just to name a few. Ruwac takes pride in the ability to provide the concrete industry with Portable Dustless Vacuum Systems that can be depended on to last while keeping workers safe and can be custom tailored to suit your business needs.
Features and Benefits• Ruwac's Industry Leading HEPA filtration meets and exceeds OSHA Table 1 standards
• External filter cleaning mechanism allows for the operator to clean the filter without exposure to silica dust
• Pro series portable vacuums have 10" rear rough terrain caster wheels for easy mobility
• 1, 2, 3 and 4 motor options, ensuring that we have a vacuum for your CFM needs
• Most of our silica vacuums have a dustpan and a direct bagging option
• Dust collectors feature CFMs recommended by the manufacturer for the specific equipment being operated
• Recommended vacuums meet 25 CFM / inch of blade per OSHA’s requirement for handheld grinders
• Industry leading MicroClean filtration exceeds OSHA silica dust standards with 99% efficiency at 0.5 microns, preventing filter clogs and cutting down on costly filter replacements
• All Pro Series Vacuums come equipped with HEPA 2.0 – MERV 17 at 99.97% @ 0.3 microns and compliant to OSHA’s silica dust standards
• Foot-actuated dustpans or direct bagging collection systems allow for easy, dust-free emptying while reducing user exposure to concrete dust and contaminants